General Information and Applicant Requirements:
- Applicant must be
- A member of TCAFS in good standing with three (3) consecutive years of membership.
- A direct dependent (IRS only) of a TCAFS member in good standing with three (3) consecutive years of membership.
- A grandchild of a TCAFS member in good standing with three (3) consecutive years of membership
- Applicant must obtain sponsorship from a non-related TCAFS member in good standing with three (3) consecutive years of membership.
- Corporate members may sponsor one (1) applicant per year.
- Sponsoring member must be a U.S. citizen and reside within the TCAFS regional area.
- Applicant must submit their career objective statement (250-500 words)
- Applicant must submit their current degree outline or summary
- Scholarships are to be awarded on an annual basis with equal disbursements being made in both the fall and spring semesters. Students may reapply each year.
- Applicants for the TCAFS scholarship must satisfy all aspects of the application process. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. The application process includes receipt of the following:
- Completed application form
- Brief summary of your life, goals, and vocational pursuits
- Letter of recommendation from a current member of the TCAFS in good standing. (This may be mailed separately from application, but must be received by the application deadline.)
- Completed first time application packages, for the coming academic year, must be submitted to the Scholarship Coordinator and received no later than June 30 for Fall disbursement, and January 30 for Spring disbursement.
- All applicants shall be Texas, Oklahoma and/or Louisiana residents (three (3) years immediately preceding initial application).
- Preference for scholarship awards will be given to full-time students (as determined by the appropriate college) pursuing a Bachelors degree or a Masters degree. Applicants who are at least half-time students may receive consideration for an award which will be adjusted according to their course load.
- Applicants must maintain a 2.75 or better cumulative GPA in order to be considered.
- Scholarship recipients are strongly encouraged to attend ONE Texas Chapter AFS meeting during the proceeding calendar year. (Meeting details available on the web-site). In lieu of attendance, a written Letter of Appreciation shall be submitted to the Scholarship Coordinator to be read at a Texas Chapter AFS meeting. Note: Failure to comply will be considered a dis-qualifying factor during any Application for Renewal process.”
- In order for a student to be considered for additional scholarship awards, the student must submit, to the TCAFS Scholarship Coordinator, a follow up letter requesting additional scholarship funding, at the completion of the most recent semester. This letter is to include a complete status update: career objective, degree plan, GPA, etc. In addition, a copy of an official transcript verifying the students 2.75 or better cumulative GPA must accompany said letter.
- Applications to renew a scholarship for two more concurrent semesters shall be considered on a case-by-case basis, pending available funds, and must be received no later than June 30 for Fall Disbursement, and January 30 for Spring disbursement.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Texas Chapter AFS Board of DirectorsWe are no longer accepting applications for this scholarship.