- AFS members with 3 years of consecutive membership and their direct dependents (IRS) only.
- 3 year consecutive AFS membership is required of the sponsor.
- Corporate members may sponsor one (1) applicant (member or non member) per year.
- Sponsoring member must be a U.S. citizen and reside within the Texas Chapter regional area.
- Applications shall be sent to the Education Committee Chairman.
- Applications must be received by March 15th of each year.
- Applications must be typed or written on the designated form or submitted online via the website.
- The mailing address for applications will be included in each AFS meeting notice.
- All eligible applicants shall be considered on an individual basis, without regard to age, race, national origin or gender.
- Please include any additional information that would improve your application’s prospect of being selected. Examples of supporting information are academic standing, G.P.A., academic honors, extra curricular activities, community service, etc.
- The selection of eligible applicants shall be the responsibility of the Texas AFS Education Committee.
- The number of scholarships and dollar amounts is at the discretion of the Education Committee within the guidelines of the fund structure.
4. Distribution of funds
- Distribution of available funds shall be on a yearly basis in the name of the recipient to designated colleges and/or universities.
- Funding shall be paid for school related expenses and remaining funds shall be distributed at the end of the scholarship period to recipients in good standing.
- Failure by the recipient to remain in good standing shall cause the remaining fund balance to be revoked.
- Revoked funds shall be returned to the scholarship endowment.